Sunday, December 20, 2009

Golden Canyon



Golden Canyon is a two-mile winding path through beautiful rock formations.  Many of the rocks were pink and green in color and slowly formed by rainfall over time.  I was a little nervous about this trail because we had just hiked the Ubehebe Crater and my legs were feeling wobbly.  Thank God it was relatively flat.



Okay, so I forgot who I was dealing with.  No sooner did we get started then Kevin had to go off the path and climb something.  I was allright with that.  But, we veered off the main path and the only way to go was up.  I wonder how quickly an orthopedic surgeon could find me if I fell?




This path was better than the main one!  Behind me is a dry falls in the picture below.  During the rainy season that is where the water comes down, eroding the landscape little by little.



It's never a successful climb until Kevin has me climbing up a rock!  This was the first one I could climb unassisted.  We were having such a great time!



As I said before, nothing is more beautiful than the late afternoon desert sky!



No comments:

Post a Comment