Sunday, August 15, 2010

L.A. & Orange County: The Bullshit Tour

 

I had never been to Los Angeles or the southern California coast before.  We had no plans to stay in the L.A. area, but I really wanted to see it for myself.  I begged Kevin to drive through a few tourist areas just to satisfy my curiosity.  He gently reminded me that we were in a motorhome and that city driving was very stressful.  I figured if anyone could do it, he could.  Thus, the Bullshit Tour had begun.  I had to choose one or two main roads to get around Beverly Hills and Hollywood and that was it.  I begged to see Melrose and Rodeo Drive, but he quickly replied with a definitive "NO"!  Santa Monica Boulevard was the winner.



West Hollywood:  I guess they couldn't find their POW/MIA flags.




I had to be a tourist.  It was quite a feat for Kevin to slow down the motorhome every block so I could get my shot.  He's so good to me!

 

 Ahhhhh ~ The L.A. traffic!  But this was so worth it.......right?  Kevin may have a different opinion.




Coto de Caza was the last stop on the Bullshit Tour, and according to Kevin, the biggest bullshit of all.  I love the reality show "The Housewives of Orange County".  The show is set in Coto De Caza, a gated planned community for the deliriously rich.  I thought it would be fun to "swing by" on our way south (very out of the way) to catch a glimpse of the houses (and maybe a housewife).  Little did I know, you must enter a gate just to get to the houses and visitors aren't allowed without prior clearance.  So, I had Kevin take a picture of me in front of the sign while numerous Coto residents passed by in front of me to get to the gate.  It was a little embarassing, but at least I got the shot!



This was all I got to see of Coto de Caza.  Bummer!


Cabot was very unimpressed by the whole Los Angeles area.  The bedding got kicked on him and he didn't care one bit!  He would have made a good miner!


No comments:

Post a Comment